Pope Francis, the cardinals and bishops are suppose to be studying the Catholic family at this extraordinary Synod on the Family. I have yet to hear about studying why traditional Catholic families are so successful. I want to propose 10 good reasons why traditional Catholic families do so well and have such happy adjusted children. In the long run they are going to be the only families that will survive because they are having many children.
1) They have the grace to live a holy and happy marriage from having received the Sacrament of Marriage.
2) They believe and keep the wedding vows they pronounced before God on the day they were married to be together: “in good times and in bad times, in sickness and health, all the days of our lives” or “till death do us part”.
3) These families use their sexuality correctly, (biologically too), by having as many children as God so wishes to give them. They understand that a child is the greatest natural gift God could ever give to a family. They understand that they are not a commodity.
4) They practice their faith by going to the Holy Latin Mass and living their Catholicism all week long. They educate their children well in the Catholic Faith, especially by the parents example.
5) They make sure that their children souls are not destroyed by educating them at good orthodox schools or homeschooling them.
7) The wives sacrifice to stay at home and take care of the husband and children.
8) The husband and children feel loved by having the loving presence of their mother at home. The mother is the warm sun of the house. Mother working, no light or love.
10) Financially they are so much better off because a) they do not have vices that cause wasting money (DUI’s, gambling, shopping for things they do not need, drug use); b) live in one house with one payment and utility bill; c) do not have to be paying lawyers and other fees to fight for child support, alimony and visitation rights.
Here are 10 reasons why broken families are not good for children.
1) Children from divorced and homosexual homes are not well adjusted. They are depressed and act out at school. Ask any honest teacher.
2) These people do not have God’s graces to help them to overcome lust and selfishness. There is a very high rate of sexual abuse by stepfathers of their adolescent stepdaughters. There is also a disproportionate amount of fighting, domestic violence and law suits.
3) Because they are living in sin, (even if they say it is not sin, it is still sin in God’s eyes) they give a very bad example to their children. Children have to see their parents sleeping with other partners.
4) Many times they do not practice their Catholic faith by going to Holy Mass every Sunday. They may put their children in Catechism, but it is not re-enforce at home.
5) Sex is mainly for lust, sexual gratification, so they have few children and see them more as what they had when they wanted to have them. Other children are killed in the womb or are seen an added burden.
6) Most mothers work and are tired and do not have the energy to listen, love and be with the children when they get home from school. They are unable to homeschool because of work. The children get away with a lot (do what ever they want, listen to any music they want, see what every they want on youtube, TV, Computer), while dad and mom are working.
7) Fathers who have children from a previous relationship and who are not living with him, have to work more to pay child support. Sometimes they are also paying alimony on top of that. They also have less money because of the law suits and other self destructive activities that come from living a life of sin.
8) Most step children resent having an other person in their biological parents life. They also do not like having a step parent telling them what to do or who may discipline them.
9) Children from divorced and single parent homes have a low rate of success in their own marriages. Many do not want to every make a commitment because of what they have gone through.
10) Children from single, divorce and homosexual homes have higher rate of substance abuse and gang evolvement.