- To make Jesus’ Sacred Heart known, loved, and adored.
- In reparation for all the sorrow we cause Jesus by our sins and ingratitude for all He does for us out of love, every second of our existence.
- For the conversion of hearts, from the kingdom of the devil, to the Holy Kingdom of God.
- The consecration of countries political systems, Kings, Queens, Presidents, parishes, schools, businesses and families to the Kingship of Jesus Christ.
- Obeying King Jesus’ laws of love.
- Humbling serving Him.
- Doing God’s will in every aspect of our lives.
St. John Eudes dedicated his life to the devotion of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. He began an order to do this in 1643. He is also known for the liturgical worship he inspired in the Church to the Sacred Heart.
On the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, June 17, 1689, St. Margaret Mary Alacoque heard these words from Jesus:
‘MAKE KNOWN TO THE ELDEST SON OF MY HEART,’ SPEAKING OF OUR KING, ‘THAT AS HIS TEMPORAL BIRTH WAS OBTAINED THROUGH DEVOTION TO THE MERITS OF MY HOLY CHILDHOOD, IN THE SAME MANNER HE WILL OBTAIN HIS BIRTH OF GRACE AND ETERNAL GLORY BY THE CONSECRATION THAT HE WILL MAKE OF HIMSELF TO MY ADORABLE HEART, which wishes to triumph over those of the great ones of the world.
IT WISHES TO REIGN IN HIS PALACE, TO BE PAINTED ON HIS STANDARDS AND ENGRAVEN ON HIS ARMS, IN ORDER TO RENDER HIM VICTORIOUS OVER ALL HIS ENEMIES.‘ Emile Bougaud, ‘Life of Blessed Margaret Mary Alacoque’, p. 267
This desire of Jesus was for King Louis XIV who ignored Jesus’ desires. One hundred years later, to the day, June 17, 1789, King Louis XVI, who had also failed to obey Jesus command to consecrate France to His Sacred Heart, was stripped of his legislative authority as King of France. Our of fear, with out faith, he cowardly capitulated to the mass crowds and new political powers who began the Reign of Terror.
In the spring of 1791, with the help of a Eudes priest, Fr. Hebert, King Louis XVI made a private vow to the Sacred Heart. (In 1870, his vows were found hidden in the walls of the Tuilerus Palace where he was staying at the time.) As you read these, you will see that he had made them too late. As we all know, 2 years later, he was executed by the guillotine.
‘I will not have temerity, ô my God! to justify to myself before You; but You know that my heart was always subject to faith and morals; my faults are the fruit of my weakness and seem worthy of Your great mercy. You forgave King David, who caused your enemies to blaspheme You and King Manassès, who had involved his people in the idolatry. Disarmed by their penitence, you restored them one and the other on the throne of Juda; you made them reign with peace and glory. Would You be inexorable today towards a son of Saint Louis, who takes these penitent kings for models, and which, with their example, wishes to repair his faults and to become a King according to Your Heart?
O Jesus-Christ! divine Redeemer of all our iniquities, it is in Your Adorable Heart that I want to deposit the overflowing of my afflicted heart. I call upon the help of the tender Heart of Mary, my majestic protector and my mother, and the assistance of Saint Louis, my most famous patron and of my ancestor. O adorable Heart, by the so pure hands of my powerful intercessors, receive with kindness the wishes that confidence inspires in me and that I offer to You like the humble expression of my feelings. If, by an effect of the infinite kindness of God, I recover my freedom, my crown and my royal power, I promise solemnly:
1. To revoke as soon as possible all the laws which will be indicated to me, either by the Pope, or by a Council, or by the four Bishops chosen among most enlightened and most virtuous of my kingdom, with the purity and the integrity of the faith, the discipline and the spiritual jurisdiction of Holy Catholic, Apostolic Church, Roman, and in particular to revoke the Civil Constitution of the Clergy.
2. To take, in a one year interval, in union with the Pope and the Bishops of my kingdom, all measurements necessary to establish, according to the canonical forms, a solemn festival in honor of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, which will be celebrated in perpetuity in all France, on the first Friday after the octave of the Blessed Sacrament, and always followed by a general procession, in repair of the insults and profanations made in the time of the disorders, by the schismatics, the heretics and the bad Christians.
3. To go myself in person, within three months from the day of my delivery, to the church of Notre-Dame of Paris, or in any other principal church of the place where I will be, and to pronounce, one day of Sunday or festival, at the foot of the high altar, after the offertory of the Mass, and between the hands of the celebrant, a solemn act of dedication of my person, my family and my kingdom to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, promising to give to all my subjects, the example of the worship and the devotion which are due to this adorable Heart.
4. To set up and to decorate at my own expense, in the church which I will choose for it, within one year from the day of my delivery, an altar which will be dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and which will be used as an eternal monument of my recognition and my confidence without end in the infinite merits and in the inexhaustible treasures of grace which are contained in this Crowned Heart.
5. Finally, to renew every year, in the place where I will be, on the Feast of the Sacred Heart, the act of dedication expressed in the third article, and to attend the general procession which will follow the Mass of this day. Today I pronounce only in secrecy this promise, but I would sign it my blood if it were needed; and the most beautiful day of my life will be that where I will be able to aloud publish it in the temple. O Adorable Heart of my Savior! Let my right hand be forgotten and let me curse myself, if I forget Your blessings and my promises, if I cease to love You, finding my confidence in You and all of my consolation. Amen.’
Our devotion to the Sacred Heart must be personal; the conversion of our hearts, and political; where our Government, schools, businesses, parishes and families literally obey Jesus’ commandments of love. He is also to be love, adored and obeyed by civil governments and civil laws.
The destruction of King Louis XVI kingdom began because he, as king of France, allowed the evil masons of France and his government to finance the evil American Revolution. And from this revolution, France became broke. So they came up with new compromises to his authority as king and the 3 Estates replaced him.
All those who put King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette to death by the guillotine, (along with thousands of Catholic priests, religious and laity), ended up being executed the same way by those who supplanted their authority.
God is still in charge and will help us eventually. All we can do is consecrate our hearts, lives, business, powers, money, properties and family to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
The original author of this blog passed away in July of 2016. RIP Father Carota.