Because of the rampant sin, our families are plagued with division, fighting and drama. But there is a remedy to this plague. We just need to reflect on the Holy Trinity, a Community of Three Divine Persons in the loving Unity of One God.
For most people, the Holy Trinity is a concept, a belief, a mystery, but not something to emulate. To obtain the Trinitarian Unity, we need to study the virtues that are behind the Unity. First we find;
- Pure Unselfish Love. The nature of God is love. There is perfect love between the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. So our families need to first start on working on pure love.
- Same Spirit. The Father’s intellect and will is the same as the Son and the Holy Spirit. Our families need to have the same goals, beliefs and will to do God’s will, not each persons selfish will.
- Purity. There is no guile in God. The Father trusts His Son. The Father and the Son trust the Holy Spirit because of their purity in intention and being. Sin kills purity, especially dishonesty and sexual impurity, and divides the family. So to be able to trust each other, and so to be able to be united, we need to get rid of all sin and attachment to sin. We need to tell our children about the great value of never ever defiling themselves by sins, especial sexual sins. Avoid all sin like the plague.
- Humility. We read about Jesus’ humility and obedience to His Father. God is God, and yet He is so humble. We are human and yet we are so proud. Each one of us need to practice humility with our family members. The leader has to be the humblest.
‘Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men, and in habit found as a man. He humbled himself, becoming obedient unto death, even to the death of the cross.’Philippians 2:6-8.
- Order. This is a huge one. The three Persons in the Holy Trinity, though equal, have an order. They each have a different role to play and yet complement each other. In the family the order is; the father boss, the mother, with father boss over the children. The older children bosses over the younger children. Hierarchy is the only way a true group can function. The boss has to be the humblest and only do God’s will. Today in our families, everyone wants to be the chief. Feminist try to run everything. Children boss around their parents. This destroys the unity of the family. Respect and obey your parents and your elders.
‘The Father was not made, nor created, nor generated by anyone.The Son is not made, nor created, but begotten by the Father alone.The Holy Spirit is not made, nor created, nor generated, but proceeds from the Father and the Son.‘ Athanasius Creed.
The original author of this blog passed away in July of 2016. RIP Father Carota.