I strongly believe in getting people together to be happy with food and sports. Yesterday was Pentecost and my 18th Anniversary of my ordination to the priesthood. So, I invited all the groups from the parish. It has nothing to do so me. I just use my anniversary as a pretext to get people together to be happy.
- Have the celebration in a hall or park so that as many people as want to come can come.
- Have it potluck so that there is sufficient food for all no matter how many come.
- Buy plenty of paper plates, cups, utensils and napkins.
- Bring serving utensils because most people bring food, but no serving utensils.
- Bring soccer ball, basket ball and volley ball.
- Do not worry if anyone or too many people come. Who ever comes, that is who God wanted to come.
- If you want to be really organized, and the park does not have tables, bring tables and chairs.
The original author of this blog passed away in July of 2016. RIP Father Carota.