Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday seemed to be the darkest time for Jesus, Mary and His disciples. His ignominious death on the Cross and His time in the tomb were times of desolation, grief, sorrow and emptiness. It created an illusion that all was lost for God’s people. It seemed certain that evil had had the last say.
- Most of our family members now are living in sin and no longer understand or practice true Catholicism.
- Our parishes accept modern morality and have watered down teachings.
- Our pope, cardinals, bishops and priests are openly questioning Catholic teaching on divorce and homosexual sex.
- Laws, that were democratically voted on, are being overturned by judges and courts.
- Laws are enforced to make sure the un-born can be “safely’ murdered.
- Laws that protected the sacredness of a marriage between one man and one woman till death are being destroyed.
- Evil is being taught to our youth in some of our Catholic and public schools.
- Most dioceses suppress priests who preach the truth or want to only say the Latin Mass.
While Mary and the disciples weeped from sorrow, Jesus was busy descending into hell or limbo to set souls free.That Jesus Christ Descended into Hell
All may appear dark, over, done. But that too is an illusion. Jesus is busy with souls who are open to his love. And no matter how bad things seem, Jesus is still DEFINITELY in charge.
The original author of this blog passed away in July of 2016. RIP Father Carota.