The last two weeks of Lent are centered around the death attempts on Jesus life by the Jewish authorities. His betrayal, arrest, mock trials, beatings, the final “Via Doloroso” and crucifixion and death of Jesus on the cross.
Schedule time to participate in all the solemn activities during these two weeks.
- Procession, Holy Latin Mass and Passion Narrative on Palm Sunday. (Passion according to St. Matthew)
- Maundy Thursday evening with the washing of the feet of the Apostles, Holy Eucharist and the adoration afterwards at the Altar of Repose. (Can you not watch on hour with Me).
- Prayer, Adoration of Cross and Holy Communion Good Friday afternoon. (Passion according to St. John’s Gospel)
- Easter Vigil with long readings Holy Saturday.
- Tuesday (Passion according to St. Mark).
- Wednesday, (Passion according to St. Luke).
And of course and early Easter Sunday morning Latin Mass. Jesus rose from the dead before dawn, not in the afternoon.
The original author of this blog passed away in July of 2016. RIP Father Carota.