We are all sinners. Some of us recognize that we are sinners. Other justify their sins. Others get rid of God so that their is no such thing as sin left. And some are tired of sinning and truly want to stop. Here are a few suggestions on how to get out of a sinful life and how to stay out of a sinful life.
2) Take time to make a good examination of your soul. Write down the sins.
3) Go to confession and confess everything with great sorrow.
4) Make a firm resolution, with God’s help, to never do those sins again.
5) Stay in union with God by asking Him to help you every minute of your day. Stay away from sin and close to God.
6) Every time you are tempted to sin, pray, especially say 3 Hail Marys.
7) Stop using things that cause you to sin.
8) Stop being with people that help you sin.
9) Stop going places where you are likely to sin.
10) As soon as you start thinking about sinful things, stop it and think of Godly things.
11) Remember how wonderful it feels to be living a good holy life and to feel God’s presence in you soul and life.
12) Remember how bad it feels to be living a shameful and sinful life separated from God.
13) And if you happen to sin again, get up quickly and go to confession.
14) Keep in mind always, that all of God’s rules are rules of love. God loves us and gives us His rules to protect us and to help us avoid suffering in this life and in the eternal life to come.
15) Meditate everyday on the Last Four Things: Death, Judgement, Heaven, Hell.
16) Especially meditate and read about the horrors of eternal Hell.
17) Read the Holy Bible and put it into practice.
18) Read the life of the saints. If you can take time to look up the saint of day, and try to meditate on one aspect or saying from that saint.
The original author of this blog passed away in July of 2016. RIP Father Carota.