Jesus, The Good Shepherd, describes what a good shepherd of God’s people (His flock) is like Jesus, they lay down their lives for His people and His Church. Jesus also describes a bad shepherd as a thief and a robber who come to steal, to kill and destroy. Good priests need to go on protecting God’s people in the Catholic Church, no matter what the price.
1) Sinners receive Holy Communion in the state of Mortal Sin.
2) Most Catholics totally ignorant of the 10 Commandments and the Bible.
3) Most Catholic with no understanding of what the Catholic Church believes in.
4) Immodest women (and men in shorts) coming to Holy Mass.
5) Most Catholics no longer go to Holy Mass on Sundays or Holy Days of Obligation.
6) Liberals even breaking Vatican II’s rules on Liturgy. Pope washing a woman’s foot.
7) Priests telling people that sin is not sin anymore.
8) Some bishops disciplining good priests for talking about abortion or hell.
9) Priests receiving Mass stipends and All Souls stipends for souls while never preaching about (or even sometimes not believing in) Purgatory.
10) Priests afraid to say that using Birth control is grave sin.
11) Priests afraid to speak up for the unborn babies slaughtered by abortion.
12) Priests afraid to say that homosexual sex is sinful and divorce is not allowed.
13) Priests living immoral lives.
14) Catholic schools with teachers and students who do not practice their faith.
In the current Church environment, good priests are silent prisoners of the progressive church leaders and the people for whom they have to do weddings, baptisms, funerals, 15era’s and masses. If they talk too much about any of these serious issues, they are disciplined.
“Amen, amen I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All others, as many as have come, are thieves and robbers: and the sheep heard them not. I am the door. By me, if any man enter in, he shall be saved: and he shall go in, and go out, and shall find pastures. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I am come that they may have life, and may have it more abundantly.
I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd giveth his life for his sheep. But the hireling, and he that is not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and flieth: and the wolf catcheth, and scattereth the sheep: And the hireling flieth, because he is a hireling: and he hath no care for the sheep. I am the good shepherd; and I know mine, and mine know me. As the Father knoweth me, and I know the Father: and I lay down my life for my sheep.”
So we traditional priests need to be the good shepherds who speak the truth about sin and the evil spirits that are destroying Catholics and other people. Love and compassion is manifested by good shepherd priests who work and preach for the salvation of souls. What did Jesus die to save us from? Death, the devil, his minions and hell.
It will not be easy to be a good shepherd when so many people inside the Church and outside it are out to kill the good shepherd. As all of you good priests so well know, you get criticized from all directions.
1) From good traditional Catholics who remind us that we are not traditional enough.
2) From good Novus Ordo Catholics who say we are extreme.
3) From modernist in the Church hierarchy.
4) From Sedevacantist.
5) From anyone you may tell sin is sin.
6) From women who you tell are dressed immodest.
But, nonetheless, Jesus says to lay down our lives for the sheep as He did. The persecution during this life will end at death. The eternal reward of heaven is well worth it.
The original author of this blog passed away in July of 2016. RIP Father Carota.