Holy Week is a terribly busy time for us priests. Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday are the most important times of the Catholic year.
1) 12 lay Men who will have their feet washed. Bowl, picture, towels and seating.
2) Gold or white vestments for Mass.
buy flexeril canada https://www.parkviewortho.com/wp-content/languages/new/canada/flexeril.html no prescription
White tabernacle veil, Cope and Humeral Veil.
3) The Altar of Repose decorated.
4) A Umberlino to hold over the Blessed Sacrament as you processes to the Altar of Repose.
Holy Thursday Latin Mass is to begin no earlier than 6 pm and no later than 8 pm. There is no private mass to be offered this day. The Gloria is said and bells are rung. There are no more bells to be rung until Easter Vigil.
1) Priest takes the chasuble and maniple off at sedilia.
2) Girds himself with a cloth.
3) Washes the right foot of the 12 laymen.
4) After washes his hands.
5) Puts on chasuble and maniple at sedilia.
6) Returns to the altar and prays an Our Father and responses and prayer.
Holy Mass continues;
1) Preface of Holy Cross
2) Says communicates for Holy Thursday in Canon, Hanc igtur, Quam oblatiionem, Qui pridie.
Holy Mass ends with the tabernacle empty. So the ciborium is not replaced in the tabernacle, but left on the corporal until the procession.
To start the procession;
1) Take off chasuble and put on white cope.
2) Return to Altar to incense Sacred Host in ciborium.
3) With the incense first, followed by cross bearer and torch bearers.
4) Altar boy holds Umberlino over the priest as he processes to the altar of repose.
5) Once Ciborium is placed on corporal on Altar of repose, the priest kneels and incenses 3 X
6) Faithful stay in adoration.
7) Priest returns to sacristy to remove white vestments and put on purple stole.
8) Priest goes up to main altar to strip it while praying the antiphon.
The original author of this blog passed away in July of 2016. RIP Father Carota.