Here is more information on the meeting last night with parents protesting Sr. Jane’s presentation on the Theology of the Body by Pope John Paul II. Click Here.
Their Chaplin is Fr. Matthew Kauth. His mother emailed me this morning and thanked me for my prayers. And I thank all of you who prayed too. She added that it was a terrible meeting where evil really showed itself. But her son, Fr. Kauth, stayed calm and did not compromise Catholic teaching. Read his statement here.
We are really in deep serious problems about sexual activity of our young Catholic men and women. To say the least, many many good young men are viewing pornography and are self abusing. I hear about it all the time. This is destroying their souls, their lives and how they view women. They waste hours and hours that should be used for prayer, study, work, sports and reading. Even young women are beginning to go down this evil path too.
You parents, who love your children, need to take this extremely seriously and regularly review all electronic devises. This has to begin at ten years old. That means, cell phones, iPads, laptops and computers. There are programs that you can install that notify your cell phone as soon as you child is accessing something evil.
The devil, the communist and the masons have sworn to use anything to bring down the morals of our good Catholics. As they corrupt our youth, they are destroying marriage. What kind of a husband will a boy turn out to be, who is looking at evil sexual pictures.
As our youth become sexually depraved and spiritually sick, their future marriages end in divorce, resulting in very emotionally hurt children. As the family disintegrates, so does society disintegrate. And that is where we are right now. Crime, Crime, Crime.
Here are 7 things that can help a young man out of pornography and self abuse:
1) A deep prayer life. It is a very good thing for their dads to go the Blessed Sacrament and pray with them. Even if it is only for 15 minutes, that is better than no prayer.
2) Keep going to confession. But the priest should not give them absolution until they have gotten rid of all electronic devises that lead them to sin or have put blocks on all devises they may have to have for school. After they have done this (gotten rid of them or put blocks on the), they then go back to receive absolution. “And avoid the near occasion of sin.” Act of Contrition.
3) Explain to them the spiritual and psychological damage they will do to themselves by looking at dirty pictures.
4) Fathers who have seen pornography should confess to their sons that they have seen “dirty pictures” and how it hurt them. These dads can tell them that they do not want them to have the same bad experience. You can use the word “dirty picture” to keep the children from knowing what you mean (without taking their innocence away) and at the same time warn them against the danger of seeing sexual things without going into detail.
5) Watch out who their friends are. Usually it is a friend or family member who introduces them to pornography.
6) Keeping them busy. Put them to work or doing homework. “Idle hands are the devil’s workshop.”
7) Teach them that the sinful acts begin with a thought, a temptation. At this point is where prayer and a firm “NO” is said to the desire for sexual pleasure from the mind and body. See the neck as the conscience between what the mind tempts the body to do. The neck says “NO” to allowing the body to follow through with the temptations of the mind and the devil.
There is a web site called “Porn No More”. I have never gone to check it out, but some of you can if you think it will help. One of my friends highly recommends it.
Virginity, sexual innocence, is one of the most precious gifts we are given by God. Tell your children this over and over. Explain to them that the only place for sexual activity is when two virgins are sacramentally married at a Catholic church and discover holy sex in their marriage. (Sex is holy and only for cooperating with God to procreate a child). There is no greater gift than to have many many children.
As society has divorced the God given biological reproductive element (having children) from sexual activity, most people believe it is solely for pleasure. Therefore society now advocates any kind of sexual pleasure; self pleasure, pornography, adultery, fornication, girly strip shows, prostitutes and homosexual sex.
And if we get in the way of someone getting the sexual pleasure they desire, we become the evil ones. We will be hated, slandered and eventually, more than likely, put in prison for not blessing it.
But we have the all powerful “Ace in the hole”, God, on our side. We slowly go along, doing what is truly Catholic, and God will have the last say. He always has and always will. It is just a matter of us doing our part and waiting for His time to come. We are so blessed to be traditional Catholics.
“He that heareth you, heareth Me; and he that despiseth you, despiseth Me; and he that despiseth Me, despiseth Him that sent Me.” Jesus (Luke 10: 16)
The original author of this blog passed away in July of 2016. RIP Father Carota.