Angry persecution by other “Catholics” has now begun for those of us who are willing to speak Catholic truth about sexual morals. And sad to say, it is fueled by the comments of Pope Francis: “Who am I to Judge” or “we can not insist only on issues related to abortion, gay marriage and the use of contraceptives methods.”
I have heard that in many Catholic Schools, RCIA programs and Pre Marriage Weekends, “Catholic”, people attending these will angrily protest against what the Catholic Church has taught for 2000 years concerning abortion and sexual morality. And they cite Pope Francis’ words.
On March 21 Sr. Jane Dominic Laurel gave a talk to the students at Charlotte Catholic High School; “Masculinity and Femininity: Difference and Gift”. It was based on Pope John Paul II’s Theology of the Body. She was invited by the parochial vicar, Fr. Matthew Kauth. Read the article here.
The students complained to their parents and through the social media began to protest and collect signatures on a petition against the talk given by Sr. Laurel. Here is the list of reasons they are protesting against her talk. They have collected 3492 signatures so far. Here is link to the petition.
1.We believe that children can thrive in spite of one or both of their parents short comings and/or absence because we know that role models do not exist solely within one’s nuclear family.
2. We believe that same sex couples have the ability to raise happy, well-adjusted and successful children.
3. We reject the notion that the actions of one abusive Australian couple should be used to support the idea that same sex couples are unfit parents. Not only is this story weightless, anecdotal evidence intended to incite discrimination, but it further abuses that child.
4. We reject the suggestion that homosexuality occurs mainly as a result of a parent’s shortcomings, masturbation or pornography.
5. We recognize the difference between correlation and causation. As a result we realize that men don’t become gay by masturbating in the presence of one another but rather may engage in these activities because they are gay.
6. We take issue with the phrase “homosexual lifestyle” and the suggestion that it is a distortion for the media to portray homosexual couples “like heterosexual couples.”
7. We believe that homosexual couples are capable of monogamy.
8. As rational people, we know that most homosexual people lead healthy, normal and productive lives like their heterosexual counterparts.
9. We resent the fact that a school wide assembly became a stage to blast the issue of homosexuality after Pope Francis said in an interview this past fall that “we can not insist only on issues related to abortion, gay marriage and the use of contraceptives methods.” We are angry that someone decided they knew better than our Holy Father and invited a speaker who addressed the issue of homosexuality to our school to speak twice in the course of one school year.
10. We the students of Charlotte Catholic High School are confused why time was spent condemning the practice of homosexuality when we could have been spent condemning: world hunger, gun violence, the death penalty, unjust care of the elderly, human trafficking, genocide, discrimination etc.; OR been promoting: love, prayer, the Beatitudes, practical ways to serve Christ, patience, just war theory etc.
Our Catholic Church is being divided into two groups: social justice issues and moral issues. That is why I believe in both issues. But I have also shown that social justice problems come from immoral lives of church leaders, government leaders, corporation, families and individuals.
A counter petition has also been put on the internet. They have only collected 1619 signatures. Here are the list of reasons they support Sr. Laurel. Here is link to petition.
I. We believe that every human regardless of gender, race, or sexual orientation, should be treated with love and respect.
II. We do not approve of homosexual marriage or activities, because we understand that it is against the Holy Bible.
III. We accept homosexual men and women into our community with open arms.
IV. We understand that all of creation sins and that sin is not limited to the homosexual community.
V. We love all of God’s beautiful creation and do not intend to harm anyone.
VI. We state that we have the intelligence to comprehend that Sister Jane Dominic did not condemn homosexuals.
VII. We understand that Sister Jane Dominic did not say that masturbating will make you homesexual or that the absence of a parent will either. Yet, that she said that by partaking in masturbation will lessen your masculinity and that through the absence of a parent in the home will also make a greater risk for homosexuality.
VIII. We believe that it is important to discuss these topics so that the young people of today may better understand righteousness and God’s divine will.
IX. We believe that it is premier to spread the truth and unite the Catholic Church so that our posterity may have a truer and more deeper understanding of God’s perfect plan for our lives.
X. We believe that the Charlotte Catholic High School administration knows what is best for us and that they hold the right to call us to assembly for what they believe we should hear and/or know.
XI. We understand that it is our duty as Catholics to do our best to keep sin from entering the world.
Finally, we state that Jesus has already overcome sin and that no matter the outcome of this topic the Catholic Church has already administered to this and the right answer may be found through her or God.
By signing this petition you can help spread the truth and help stand up for righteousness’ sake.
“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’sake: for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.” Matthew 5:10
If you doubt the Holy Bible and its teaching on homosexual activity please read further.
“You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; its an abomination.” Leviticus 18:22
Fr. Matthew and diocesan representatives will be meeting with these parents for clarification and to listen to parents concerns today, April 2 at 7 pm EST. Please pray for him and for all who will attend this meeting. JMJ help us.
In the beginning it was the Romans and Jews who persecuted the Catholics. Who would have thought that in the end it would be other so called “Catholics” doing it now. Let us also pray for our own conversion and of those who persecute us.
We are so fortunate to be traditional Catholics and to know that sin is the cause of all suffering here in the life, as well as in hell for all eternity.
The original author of this blog passed away in July of 2016. RIP Father Carota.